Most Read News
- Microsoft researchers say their newest deep learning system beats humans — and Google
- Soon You’ll Be Able to Turn Your Brown Eyes Blue for $5,000
- Man Hits Wife for Not 'Liking' Facebook Status
- This 70-Year-Old Bodybuilder Is Fitter Than Most Men Half His Age
- Celebrating Christmas Around the World
- When boys make the first move
- I Never Saw Terrible Hairstyle Like This Before
- After Six Years Of Being Single, Woman Marries Herself
- Virtual Reality Is Coming: But What Will Make It Worth Visiting?
- Reality Check: Comparing HoloLens and Magic Leap
Lady Gaga donates $1M to Red Cross for Sandy
- Written by Joliana
- Hits: 2021
Lady Gaga is donating $1 million to the Red Cross to aid those affected by Superstorm Sandy.
The New York-born singer posted on her blog Wednesday that she is pledging the money on behalf of her parents and sister. She also said she “would not be the woman or artist that I am today” if it weren’t for places like the Lower Eastside, Harlem, the Bronx and Brooklyn.
She writes: “Thank you for helping me build my spirit. I will now help you rebuild yours.”
Superstorm Sandy made landfall more than a week ago, killing many of its more than 100 victims in New York City and New Jersey and leaving millions without power.